Happy first day of Summer! Summer officailly starts at 8:54am this morning in Northern California. Make sure you're being cautious today as fire danger is very high across Northern California. A Red Flag Warning is in effect right now and is set to stay in place through 6pm Saturday for our entire valley and foothill areas. Low humidity and gusty North winds are the main driving factors in the high fire danger today. Winds will be out of the North to around 25mph, with gusts to around 40mph possible today. Humidity is starting out low and will end up in the 5 to 15 percent range later today. The low humidity will result in easier fire starts, while the winds could force any fires that do start to spread rapidly. Temperatures are cooler for the start of your Friday. Valley areas are mostly in the mid 60's this morning, and mountain areas have ended up in the 30's to 40's. Skies will be sunny today but temperatures will be a few degrees cooler. We're projecting high 80's to low 90's in the valley this afternoon, and high 60's to low 80's in the mountains later today.
Another day of low humidity and gusty North winds will keep the Red Flag Warning in effect in our region on Saturday. The Red Flag Warning is set to expire at 6pm on Saturday evening. A warming trend is on the way for your weekend. Valley areas will climb back into the low to mid 90's on Saturday and then into the mid to high 90's on Sunday. Despite the hotter temperatures, fire danger will be dropping on Sunday. Lighter winds and slightly higher humidity values will keep fire danger a touch lower for the end of your weekend. A cooling trend then returns for the start to middle of next week. Valley areas will still be in the low to mid 90's on Monday, but will dip into the mid 80's by Tuesday. Valley high temperatures are currently projected to stay in the mid 80's through at least Thursday of next week. The below average temperatures will certainly be a welcome change of pace for our region next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for high fire danger to start your summer season
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning for high fire danger is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- High Fire Danger Prompts a Red Flag Warning
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning starts Saturday with gradual warming
- Storm Tracker Alert: Red Flag Warning issued for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger returns this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend