Gusty winds and very dry conditions will drive high to critical fire danger across Northern California today. A Red Flag Warning will be in effect for high fire danger in the valley, foothills, and some mountain areas from 5am Wednesday morning through 5pm Thursday afternoon. Sustained winds will be up to 35mph out of the North today and gusts could reach up to 55mph this afternoon and tonight. Humidity is projected to dip into the 5 to 20 percent range this afternoon, and is not expected to recover well overnight tonight. The low humidity will make it much easier for fires to start and the winds could cause any fires that do pop up to spread rapidly. There is also a Wind Advisory in place from 6am Wednesday morning through noon on Thursday. The strongest winds of this event are expected during that time frame. The window for strongest gusts looks to be Wednesday afternoon and night. Winds could bring down trees into roadways and powerlines, which will bring additional dangers to our region. Temperatures will be much more comfortable for your Wednesday. Valley areas are starting out in the 50's to 60's this morning, and mountain areas have dipped into the 30's to 40's overnight. Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny today. High temperatures will top out in the mid 70's in the valley, and in the 50's to 60's in most mountain areas.
Dry and windy weather will persist into your Thursday forecast, but winds are expected to start to slack late in the day. The lighter winds will result in an end to critical fire danger across Northern California for the end of this week. Temperatures will be a couple of degrees warmer on Wednesday, but will stay below 80 degrees in the valley. Mostly mild and pleasant weather is on tap for your Friday and this weekend. High temperatures are projected to end up in the high 70's to low 80's from Friday through Monday in the valley. Some clouds will brush across our region this weekend, but we are expecting to stay dry over the next several days. Overnight low temperatures will dip into the low to mid 40's in the valley this weekend. Another cooling trend and the potential for showers will return towards the middle of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- A Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger continues today
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for high fire danger to start your summer season
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning for high fire danger is ahead
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger ahead
- Critical fire weather prompts Red Flag Warning today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today