Be prepared for high to critical fire danger across Northern California today and tomorrow. Gusty winds and low humidity will be the main driving factors in the high fire danger. A Red Flag Warning will go into effect in the valley and foothills at 8 A.M. this morning and is set to last through 4 P.M. Thursday afternoon. A Wind Advisory has also been issued for the valley from 11 A.M. this morning through 8 P.M. tonight. The strongest winds in the valley are projected to be during that time in lower elevations. Sustained winds will be out of the Northe to around 30mph this afternoon, and we could have gusts up to 45mph later today. Stronger winds will be possible in canyons of the Sierra and foothills late tonight through early Thursday. Humidity is projected to bottom out in the 5 to 20 percent range this afternoon and is not expected to recover well overnight. Temperatures are starting out warm in the valley this morning. Valley areas are mostly in the 60's to 70's for the start of your Wednesday and mountain areas have dipped into the 30's to 40's overnight. High temperatures will end up in the mid 80's in the valley and in the 60's to 70's in the mountains.
Winds will still be a concern for fire danger on Thursday, but are not expected to be as strong as today. Sustained winds will be up to 25mph out of the North in the valley, with gusts up to around 35mph. Temperatures will be well above average over the next few days. Valley areas can expect high temperatures to be in the mid to high 80's through Saturday and mountain areas will be in the 60's to 70's during that time. Cooler temperatures are expected to arrive on Sunday. Valley areas will top out in the mid 70's on Sunday and Monday. We could be in for another gusty wind event on Sunday, but we are not expecting to be as dry during that time. Dry and sunny weather will persist across our region through your extended forecast.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning lingers
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning continues today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning lingers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning on Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High Fire Danger prompts a Red Flag Warning today
- Storm Tracker Alert: Red Flag Warning issued for your weekend