High fire danger will continue across Northern California today. The Red Flag Warning has now been extended through 9pm tonight in the valley, and through 10am Friday in the Sierra and Foothills. Strong North winds and very low humidity will be the driving factors in critical fire danger ahead. The Wind Advisory has also been extended across the Valley and Sierra. The advisory was set to expire at noon today, but has now been extended through 6pm Thursday evening. Please make sure you're being extra cautios today. Winds will be sustained up to 30mph out of the North, with gusts up to around 50mph possible this afternoon. Humidity is starting out low this morning and is projected to dip into the 3 to 15 percent range this afternoon. Fires could start very easily today and will spread rapidly due to the strong winds. Temperatures are a little cooler for the start of your Thursday. Valley areas are starting out in the 40's to 50's this morning, and mountain areas are in the 20's to 30's. Skies will stay sunny today. High temperatures are projected to end up in the high 70's to low 80's in the valley, and in the 50's to 60's in the mountains this afternoon.
Winds will stay strong and out of the Northeast in the Sierra overnight into Friday morning, but are expected to diminish on Friday afternoon. We're going to be staying very dry on Friday, but lighter winds should help to keep fire danger a little lower than Thursday. Mostly mild and dry weather is on tap for your Friday afternoon and your weekend. Valley areas will end up in the high 70's to low 80's in the afternoons, and bottom out in the low to mid 40's overnight. It doesn't look like we have much changing in your forecast from Friday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Red Flag Warning Extended, Warm Week Ahead
- Storm Tracker Alert: Red Flag Warning issued for your weekend
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning for high fire danger is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning starts Saturday with gradual warming
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for high fire danger to start your summer season
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning & triple digit heat are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast