Wet weather is returning to Northern California tonight. Fog was the bigger impact to our region this morning but wet roads will be the issue for drivers on Wednesday morning. This is going to be a warmer system, so snow levels will remain high. Most areas will have snow levels at or above 5500' tonight, and then up to around 6000' on Wednesday. This first wet system is expected to mostly wrap up by Wednesday morning, but some light scattered showers could continue into your Wednesday morning. Less than a quarter of an inch of rain is expected through Wednesday afternoon. Winds are light this evening, and winds are expected to stay light on Wednesday. Temperatures will end up in the low to mid 40's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas will mostly dip into the 30's. High temperatures on Wednesday will mostly top out in the low to mid 50's in the valley, while mountain areas end up in the 40's tomorrow afternoon.
Another wet system is projected to arrive Wednesday night and could persist through Saturday. Rain will be heavier with the Wednesday night into Thursday, but is still not expected to cause any major impacts. Snow levels will end up at around 8000' on Thursday. Winds will pick up to around 15mph out of the South during that time. Another band of moisture will bring even more showers to our region on Friday into Saturday. Less than an inch of rain is currently projected for the valley from Wednesday night through Saturday, and up to an inch and a half of rain will be possible in higher elevations. Snow levels will become lower on Friday night into Saturday, and are currently projected to dip to 5000' on Friday and as low as 4000' on Saturday. Snow totals are only expected to be in the 1 to 4 inches range from Friday night into Saturday. Some modest mountain travel impacts will be possible as we head into your weekend. Temperatures will end up in a similar range through Friday, but overnight low temperatures will become slightly warmer. Overnight low temperatures will become cooler as we head into your weekend, but we still won't have much variety in your daily high temperatures. The wet weather is currently projected to wrap up by Saturday evening, and we'll be staying dry through Monday. Models are hinting at another wet system bringing modest showers to Northern California on Tuesday of next week, but confidence is currently low on the timing and impacts.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Plenty of showers ahead for this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet week ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with a chance of showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Some showers and a warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: More showers ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: More showers ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers & thunderstorms ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavier rain & snow showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Light showers ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Two strong storms ahead for this week