The Red Flag Warning has expired in the valley, but lingers in portions of the Foothills and Sierra through 10am this morning. Gusty Northeast winds through canyons and low humidity are the main driving factors for high fire danger lingering in our region today. Humidity will be the most widespread issue across Northern California. We're starting out below 40 percent this morning, and are expected to dip into the 5 to 15 percent range for humidity this afternoon. The very dry conditions will lend themselves to easier fire starts. The good news is that winds are not projected to be as strong today. Winds are projected to be out of the North to 10mph in the valley, with the potential for gusts up to 20mph. Winds are stronger in portions of the Sierra and Foothills this morning, but are expected to become lighter as we head into your afternoon. Skies are clear and temperatures are brisk this morning. Valley areas have dipped into the 40's to 50's overnight, and mountain areas are mostly starting out in the 20's this morning. You may want to grab your jacket on your way out the door this morning. We will end up slightly warmer for your Friday afternoon. Valley high temperatures are projected to top out in the low 80's, and mountain areas will end up in the 60's to 70's later today.
Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny this weekend and tempertaures will be mild. Lighter winds are also expected across our region and fire danger will end up in the moderate to high range for Saturday and in the moderate range for Sunday. High temperatures will be in the high 70's to low 80's in the valley for Saturday afternoon, and will cool by a couple of degrees down into the mid to high 70's on Sunday. Winds are expected to be light. Low temperatures will bottom out in the mid 40's in the valley and in the 20's to 30's in the mountains. All around, it looks like we have a very comfortable weekend on the way. Not much is expected to change for the start to middle of next week. The trend of dry and mild weather will persist through Wednesday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Pleasant changes ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Pleasant last weekend of the Summer season
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another winter storm ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Big impacts ahead for weekend travel
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet week and weekend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Big changes ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool & pleasant start to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rainy Sunday but Pleasant New Years