Today is another hot one out there with triple digits to be seen in the North Valley today. We are also expecting a warm night tonight, with Valley lows in the upper-60s and lower-70s. Mountain locations should be just a bit cooler tomorrow and today.
Tomorrow we can expect to reach triple digits in much of the Valley, including both Redding and Chico. As for higher elevations, high temperatures should be just a few degrees cooler today than yesterday. Either way, these temperatures are above average for this time of year. Winds will not be too strong but relative humidity values will still be low, meaning a high fire danger for your day tomorrow.
High fire danger conditions should remain in place on Sunday, however, we can expect temperatures to begin to trickle down a few degrees. Today and tomorrow a ridge of high pressure will be keeping us warm, sunny and dry, but as we approach the work week, a trough of low pressure moves in from the Pacific. This system will have its main impacts in Oregon, Washington and Canada, but we can still count on this system to regulate our temperatures closer to average values for July (which is the mid-90s in the Valley). Another added benefit will be increased cloud cover in the mountains with a few isolated clouds possible over the Valley.
Unfortunately, the system to our North will not stick around forever. As we enter the middle of your work week, the system weakens and retreats farther North. This will allow for higher pressure to return to the North State, leading to a slow climb in temperatures for the end of your work week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Not as hot for your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot and sunny this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & dry weather ahead for your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warmer end to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool & pleasant start to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling off next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & windy weather ahead for your Thursday