The cooling trend we've been talking about is ramping up across Northern California today. Skies are partly cloudy and will stay that way through your Wednesday. Temperatures have dipped into the 60's in the valley overnight and into the 40's in the mountains this morning. Winds will be out of the South to 20mph today and humidity will dip into the 20 to 35 percent range this afternoo. There will be a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms in Siskiyou, Trinity, and Shasta Counties this afternoon and evening. The threat of thunderstorms will be limited to the mountains while valley areas stay dry today. High temperatures are projected to end up in the low to mid 80's in the valley and in the 60's to 70's in the mountains this afternoon.
Temperatures will be even cooler across Northern California on Thursday. We'll start out in the 50's in the valley and mountain areas will dip into the 30's to 40's on Thursday morning. Valley areas will top out in the low 80's, while mountain areas mostly end up in the 60's. The chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue in the Northern Mountains and Shasta County on Thursday afternoon. Clearing skies and slightly warmer temperatures are on the way for your Friday forecast. High temperatures will continue to be below average, but valley areas will climb back into the mid 80's on Friday afternoon. Mostly sunny skies are on the way for your weekend and temperatures will continue to warm. Valley areas will end up in the mid to high 80's on Saturday and Sunday. Looks like we can expect temperatures to climb to above average for the start of next week. Valley areas will end up back in the low to mid 90's on Monday and will then climb into the mid to high 90's on Tuesday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Slightly warmer with a chance of mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry in the valley but mountain showers linger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today