Rain and snow showers are lingering across Northern California this afternoon, but will be tapering off into early Tuesday. The Winter Storm Warning has now expired. Snow levels are mostly above 6000' now and will stay high through the end of this wet event on Tuesday morning. Temperatures will be mostly mild overnight with valley areas dipping into the low to mid 40's, and mountain areas ending up in the high 20's to low 30's on Tuesday morning. We'll be mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers lingering in your Tuesday forecast. Winds will be slightly stronger than today and will top out at around 15mph out of the North, with gusts up to 20mph. High temperatures will be back in the low 60's in the valley on Tuesday afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the low to mid 40's.
Cloudy skies and mostly dry weather will continue on Wednesday. Temperatures will range in the high 50's to low 60's in the valley on Wednesday afternoon, and mountain areas will top out in the 40's. Another very wet system will be approaching the West Coast on Thursday and will start to bring a slight chance for showers to our region on Thursday afternoon.
Very wet and windy weather is projected to return to Northern California on Friday and that will last into Sunday morning. Snow levels will range from around 5000' to 6500' with this incoming storm and several feet of snow will be possible along the higher peaks. Heavy rain will be likely in lower elevations. Up to around 2 inches of rain will be likely in the valley, and mountain areas will see between 2 to 4 and a half inches of rain from Friday morning through Sunday morning. Winds will become stronger, and gusts upwards of 40mph out of the South can be expected on Friday and Saturday. Temperatures will end up in the mid 50's in the valley from Friday through your weekend. Mountain areas will mostly end up in the low to mid 40's this weekend, but higher elevations will stay in the 30's. Dry weather and average temperatures are currently projected to return as we head into next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavy rain and snow return this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavy rain & snow Wednesday & Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread rain & snow today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & Snow through Sunday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & snow return Wednesday
- Heavy Rain, Snow With Late Week Storm
- Storm Tracker Forecast: More heavy rain and snow are on the way
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chilly with rain and snow showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavier rain & snow showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & snow return this weekend