Sunny skies and warm temperatures are ahead for your Tuesday forecast. Gusty North winds, and low humidity will bring high fire danger back to Northern California for the middle of your work week. Skies are clear for the start of your Tuesday and will stay sunny today. Temperatures have dipped into the low to mid 50's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the 30's this morning. Winds will be out of the North to 10mph today and humidity is projected to dip into the 15 to 25 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the low to mid 80's in the valley and mountain areas can expect high temperatures to range from around 70 to 80 degrees this afternoon. Fire danger will stay in the moderate to high range today, but will climb into the high to extreme range on Wednesday.
Gusty North winds and very low humidity will usher in increased fire danger on Wednesday and Thursday. A Fire Weather Watch will go into effect late Tuesday night and is set to stay in place through 5pm Thursday for the valley, foothills, and portions of the Sierra. A Wind Advisory will also be in effect for the valley, foothills, and mountains from 6am Wednesday through noon on Thursday. Winds will be sustained up to around 25mph out of the North, and gusts could reach 50mph on Wednesday. Humidity will dip into the 10 to 20 percent range in the valley, and is expected to stay below 40 percent overnignt Wednesday into Thursday. Winds will continue to be strong on Thursday. Sustained winds could reach 35mph and we'll have the potential for gusts up to 40mph through Thursday afternoon. Temperatures will be much cooler for the middle of the week, with valley areas projected to top out in the mid 70's for both Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday is expected to be slightly warmer than Wednesday but only by a couple of degrees. The current outlook puts valley highs around 75 degrees on Wednesday and around 77 degrees on Thursday. Wind speeds will diminish late Thursday into Friday and that will help put an end to the Fire Weather Watch. Valley areas will hover in the mid 70's to low 80's through your upcoming weekend. Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny for the remainder of your extended forecast.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Mild today but high fire danger is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter with high fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger today and a cooling trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger returns this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger lasting tomorrow