Be prepared for a hot start to your first work week of the summer season. We're mostly clear for the start of your Monday, but some clouds will brush across our region today. Skies will be mostly sunny and temperatures will be above average this afternoon. We're starting out in the 60's to 70's in the valley early today and in the 40's to 50's in the mountains for the start of your Monday. Winds are out of the North to 10mph this morning, but will shift to become out of the South to 10mph this afternoon. The Delta Breeze will help to keep temperatures slightly cooler than Sunday, but our high temperatures will stay above average this afternoon. Valley areas will top out in the 93 to 98 degree range this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the 70's to mid 80's later today. Low humidity and slightly above average temperatures will keep fire danger in the moderate to high range today.
A very welcome cooling trend will be settling into Northern California over the next several days. Skies will be mostly sunny, and we're expecting to stay dry this week. High temperatures will dip into the high 80's in the valley on Tuesday and will then slide down into the low 80's on Wednesday and Thursday. Those temepratures are around 10 degrees below average for this time of year. Some clouds will brush through our region this week, but showers are expected to stay to our North. The cooling trend will be the result of a cooler low pressure system passing through to our North this week. Temperatures will start to rebound on Friday with mid to high 80's projected for the valley. We will then climb back into the high 80's to low 90's on Saturday and then into the low to mid 90's on Sunday. Make sure you take advantage of the cooler weather while it lasts. Low to mid 80's are not common for the last week of June in Northern California.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Modest cooling trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead for your work week!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling trend peaks today!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very welcome cooling trend ahead!
- Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling off next week
- A welcome cooling trend is ahead for your work week!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool & pleasant start to your work week