The heat will persist across Northern California in your Tuesday forecast, but a very welcome change of pace is on the way for the remainder of your work week. Skies are starting out partly cloudy this morning, but skies are expected to clear out towards your afternoon. Some scattered sprinkles are falling in the Sierra this morning but will taper off before 9am. The clouds have helped to trap in the heat from yesterday and that is resulting in warmer temperatures for the start of your Tuesday. Temperatures are in the 60's to 70s in the valley this morning, and mountain areas are mostly in the 50's this morning. Winds are starting out up to 10mph out of the Northeast this morning, but will shift to become out of the South to 10mph this afternoon. Humidity is expected to end up in the 15 to 30 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures will top out in the 97 to 102 degree range in the valley this afternoon and mountain areas are projected to end up in the high 80's to mid 90's later today. The hot and dry conditions will keep fire danger high for your Tuesday afternoon.
An area of low pressure will slowly but surely approach the West Coast over the next few days and will result in a cooling trend across our region. Valley areas will dip back into the mid to high 90's on Wednesday, the low to mid 90's on Thursday and then in the mid to high 80's on Friday. Skies are expected to be mostly clear for Wednesday and Thursday, but clouds will fill back into our area on Friday. Temperatures will be even cooler on Saturday. Valley areas are projected to top out in the mid 80's on Saturday afternoon. There will be a chance for showers and thunderstorms in the Northern Mountains and Shasta County on Saturday. The best chance for active weather is expected to be earlier in the day. Low pressure will start to break down on Sunday and temperatures will climb back into the low to mid 90's on Sunday afternoon in the valley. Temperatures will continue to climb through the start of next week, and valley areas are projected to end up in the mid to high 90's on Monday. Temperatures will be hotter towards the middle of next week, so make sure you take advantage of the brief cool down while it lasts.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Modest cooling trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling trend peaks today!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very welcome cooling trend ahead!
- Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead for your work week!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: HOT today but a welcome cooling trend is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger today and a cooling trend ahead
- More thunderstorms and a major cooling trend ahead