Another cold morning in the Valley with some areas of denser fog the closer you are to Sacramento. The good news is the abundant cloud cover this morning should prevent widespread dense fog. Highs are expected to reach the mid-50s today but it will remain mostly cloudy through the day. If you have any MLK celebration plans, keep them. The weather will be cooperative for most of the day but rain moves in overnight.
Rain will be most prevelant on Tuesday morning with lingering showers into the afternoon. We are expecting about 0.25 to 0.5 inches of rain in the Valley. Higher totals are possible in the foothills with 2-6 inches of snow above 4000-5000 feet. Valley highs are also going to be cooler on Tuesday, nearing 50 degrees. Wednesday a few mountain showers and a stray shower in the Valley are possible, but otherwise staying dry with highs in the mid-to-low 50s. Thursday a ridge of high pressure strengthens over us leading to partly sunny skies and increasing Valley highs near if not above 60 on Thursday & Friday.
The next weather maker moves in next weekend, bringing widespread showers. The timing and strength of this system are still unceratin at this time but will become more clear in a day or two. But if you have weekend plans, plan for the wet weather. Possible snowy weather, for those in mountain regions.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: MLK Day looks dry but Tuesday looks wet
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry for Friday, Wet on Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet morning, dry afternoon & freezing overnight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry Friday, Wet this Weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying wet through Saturday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet & cold Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A cold & wet Christmas