Cooler weather today with even cooler temperatures on the way.
Temperatures have stayed low today with isolated thunderstorms around Lassen and Chester. These storms are dumping rain and shooting off plenty of lightning. We will track them to make sure no fires are started or spread from them.
Tomorrow high temperatures for most of the valley will stay in the upper-80s, with only a few locations, including Redding, expected to reach 90. It will be a wonderful day for outdoor activities, with temperatures below average in the North State for July and cloud cover making things even more pleasant. Relative humidity value should only drop into the upper-20s and higher which means we should still be concerned about fire danger but not as much as we have been the last few days.
On Tuesday the cool system to our North moves away allowing for warmer air to slowly return to the area. Temperatures are expected to slowly climb into the upper-90s by Friday with a small chance of reaching the triple digits in the North Valley on Friday. The clouds will stick around until after Wednesday.
After Friday, temperatures are prevented from climbing any higher as another disturbance from the North swings closer to the North State, tempering the temperatures next weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Relief from the heat on Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat Monday and Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another heat wave incoming
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today