Get ready for the heat to ramp up across Northern California today. Monday was toasty across our region and temperatures are projected to be even hotter this afternoon. The National Weather Service out of Sacramento has issud a Heat Advisory for the entire valley and most foothill locations of Northern California from 9AM this morning through 10PM tonight. Heat related illness will be a major concern today, so make sure to watch out for loved ones and pets. We're starting out very warm across our region this morning. Valley areas are starting out in the 70's to 80's this morning, and mountain areas are in the 50's to 60's for the start of your Tuesday. Skies are clear this morning and will be sunny today. Winds will be out of the North from 10 to 20mph, with gusts up to around 25mph. Humidity is projected to dip into the 5 to 20 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the 104 to 108 degree range in the valley and in the high 80's to mid 90's in the mountains. The dry, hot, and breezy weather will result in high fire danger this afternoon. The fire danger and heat will be our big concerns today. You're advised to be cautious and avoid being outdoors in the afternoon if you're able to.
We'll be sunny and dry for the remainder of the week. Temperatures will start to drop on Wednesday but will still end up in the mid 90's to low triple digits in the valley on Wednesday afternoon. Temperatures will fall out of the triple digits on Thursday and valley areas will top out in the low to mid 90's for the end of your work week. South winds will usher in the Delta Breeze later this week, and that will help to keep high temperatures in check. Looks like we'll be staying in the 90's for your weekend forecast in the valley. Mid valley areas will be in the low to mid 90's this weekend, while the North valley will end up in the mid to high 90's. We're expected to be in the low to mid 90's for the start of next week. Dry weather is ahead for your entire extended forecast.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heat advisories today & tomorrow for some
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much hotter temperatures are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter with high fire danger today
- Severe heat prompts a Heat Advisory across Northern California today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today