The heat continues in your Tuesday forecast, and even hotter weather is on the way later this week. Skies are clear for the start of your Tuesday morning, and we'll be sunny across Northern California today. Temperatures are starting out very warm this morning. Valley aresas are in the high 60's to mid 70's, and mountain areas are starting out in the high 40's to mid 50's this morning. Winds are starting out mostly calm and out of the Northeast this morning, but will shift to become out of the Southeast this afternoon. Sustained winds will be up to 15mph out of the South, with gusts up to around 25mph later today. Humidity is projected to dip into the 15 to 25 percent range later today. High temperatures will be very similar to what we had on Monday. Valley areas will top out in the high 90's to low triple digits and mountain areas will end up in the high 80's to mid 90's.Fire danger will be high this afternoon, and is expected to stay elevated for the remainder of the week. The low humidity and hot temperatures are making fuels dry and that is resulting in higher fire danger ahead.
The warming trend will ramp up even more for the rest of your week. Valley areas will top out in the 100 to 104 degree range on Wednesday. High temperatures will stay a few degrees over the century makr through Friday and skies will be mostly sunny late this week. We do have a slight chance for some thunderstorms tracking North into our portion of the Sierra on Thursday, but the latest models are keeping most of the activity to our South. This weekend will be very hot. Mountain areas will mostly be in the low to mid 90's, and valley areas will end up in the 102 to 110 degree range on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is expected to be slightly hotter than Saturday. Make sure to plan your outdoor activities for earlier in the day. We're staying very hot for the start of next week, but models are hinting at a possible cooling trend towards the end of next week. Make sure you dress for the heat, stay hydrated and keep a close eye on loved ones during the peak heat of the day. Heat related illness will be very possible over the next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much hotter temperatures are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & hotter weather ahead for your Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Unhealthy air quality & hotter temperatures ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & hotter weather on the way
- Slightly cooler temperatures & elevated fire danger are ahead for Northern California