The heat continues in your Wednesday forecast, but we do have some changes on the way for today. Skies will be mostly sunny in the valley and partly cloudy in some mountain areas this afternoon. Winds are shifting to become out of the South, and will stay on the lighter side this afternoon. Temperatures are very warm for the start of your Wednesday. Valley areas have only dipped into the 60's to 70's this morinng, and mountain areas are in the 40's to 50's early today. There will be a slight chance for some late afternoon and early evening showers and thundertorms in the mountains today. The most likley area of activity is expected to be the Northern Mountains, but the Sierra and Cascade ranges could see some showers popping up as well. A Heat Advisory will be in effect for portions of Siskiyou and Trinity Counties from 11am this morning through 7pm tonight. High temperatures will end up in the 100 to 103 degree range in the valley this afternoon, and in the mid 80's to mid 90's in the mountains later today.
Temperatures are finally expected to drop out of the triple digits on Thursday and will stay in the mid to high 90's in the valley on Friday. There will be a modest chance for mountain showers and thunderstorms popping up over the next several afternoons and evenings, but valley areas will stay dry. Temperatures will climb back into the triple digits during your Fathers Day Weekend. We'll end up in the high 90's to low triple digits in the valley on Saturday and then it looks like the entire valley can expect triple digit heat on Sunday. There will be a slight chance for some showers or a thunderstorm popping up over the Northern Mountains this weekend. Temperatures will continue to climb through the start of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot with the chance for mountain T-Storms returning today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot with a chance for Sierra T-Storms
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast