Today will be almost as hot as yesterday with sunny skies, but a cool-down is within sight.
Right now the North State is trapped in between a high-pressure system to the East and a low-pressure system to the West. This is keeping our temperatures steady for today. As we go into tomorrow the high moves off and a disturbance moves through our area. This will bring decreasing temperatures, cloudier skies and the chance for thundrstorms in the mountains with a stary storm or two possible in the Valley as well. Thursday, the cloud cover will stick around but the rain chances leave the Valley. Storms could still be seen in the mountains, however, fire danger will be elevaed due to the risk of lightning-ignited fires. Due to all the cloud cover, high temperatures in the Valley will be down in the mid-to-low 90s on Wendesday and Thursday.
Once we go into Friday the disturbance leaves our area, but temperatures hold steady despite increased sunshine.
By Saturday a deeper, stronger disturbance approaches our area which will be bringing some cloud cover yet again and further decreasing our high temperatures in the upper-to-mid 80s. This will last through the weekend and cooler temperatures could still be seen at the beginning of next work week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot today but 80s in the extended forecast!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling trend peaks today!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Highs in the 80s this weekend!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast