We've got a lot going on across Northern California in your Thursday forecast. We're starting out warm this morning, gusty North winds will be developing through the day, the chance for mountain thunderstorms is returning, and temperatures will be well above average this afternoon. The hot temperatures, low humidity, and gusty North winds will result in elevated fire danger this afternoon. A Wind Advisory will be in place for the Northern end of the valley from 11am this morning until 9pm tonight. Sustained winds will be up to around 30mph, with gusts to around 40mph later this afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the high 50's to low 60's in the valley this morning, and in the low to mid 40's in most mountain areas. Winds are starting out of the Northeast to around 10mph this morning, but will pick up through the day. The potential for showers and thunderstorms will be returning this afternoon to portions of the Sierra, but the latest models keep that threat to our South. High temperatures are projected to top out in the high 80's to low 90's across the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas are expected to end up in the high 70's to mid 80's later today.
The heat will continue to be an issue over the next several days and breezy North winds are expected on Friday. Winds will be up to around 25mph out of the North on Friday. Active weather is mostly expected to stay to our South for the end of the week, but we do have a slight chance for thunderstorms in the Sierra on Friday afternoon. We'll be staying very warm and dry through your Mothers Day weekend. Valley areas will be in the high 80's to low 90's through Monday. Temperatures will finally start to drop down closer to average on Tuesday and clouds will fill back into our region. The potential for wet weather will be returning for the middle of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & windy weather ahead for your Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chilly today with more wet weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire Weather Watch ahead for Northern California