Gusty winds and very dry conditions will continue to drive critical fire danger across Northern California today. A Red Flag Warning is currently in place for the valley and foothills, and has been extended through 7pm Wednesday evening. The previous expiration time on that warning was 11am Wednesday morning. The big factors in the elevated fire danger will be gusty North winds, and very low humidity with poor recovery overnight. Sustained winds will be up to 25mph out of the North today, and gusts could reach 40mph this afternoon. Humidity will bottom out in the 10 to 20 percent range later today and stay below 50 percent overnight tonight. Skies are clear and conditions are dry for the start of your Tuesday. Temperatures are much warmer across the valley this morning and slightly warmer in the mountains. Valley areas are starting out in the 60's to 70's this morning, and mountain areas are mostly in the 40's early today. Skies will stay sunny and winds will be picking up this afternoon. High temperatures are going to be hot for the next few days. Valley areas are projected to climb into the mid to high 90's this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up anywhere from the high 70's to low 80's in the Sierra to mid 80's to low 90's in the Northern Mountains later today.
Strong winds and low humidity will keep fire danger very high on Wednesday. Temperatures will be flirting with triple digits in the valley on Wednesday afternoon and mountain areas will mostly end up in the 80's. The latest outlook keeps temperatures a bit hotter on Thursday than what previous models were suggesting. Valley areas will more than likely stay in the mid 90's on Thursday, but will dip back into the mid 80's on Friday. High temperatures will then slide down into the low to mid 70's in the valley this weekend. Skies will become cloudy as we get closer to the weekend and there will be a good chance for mountain showers on Saturday and Sunday. The latest projections are keeping the valley cloudy but mostly dry on Saturday and Sunday. Temperatures will continue to cool into the start of next week, when valley high temperatures are projected to top out in the mid to high 60's.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter with high fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much hotter temperatures are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger returns this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger today and a cooling trend ahead