Tuesday will be another extreme heat day in the Valley. Heat advisories are issued for Shasta & Tehama counties with triple-digit heat expected across the entire valley.
The Delta Breeze is returning today but will not reach the Northern region of the Sacramento Valley. So Shasta and Tehama counties are expected to be hotter today whereas Butte and Glenn counties are expected to be cooler today, but still very hot.
Wednesday there is a fire weather watch issued for all of our mountain areas from 8AM to 8PM. The remnants of Tropical Storm Ivo, which impacted Baja California, will be moving through our area causing enough instability in the mountains to produce thunderstorms. However, these thunderstorms will likely have very little rain, if any, which means lightning caused fires are likely. When combined with very dry fuels and gusty (20-25 mph) SW winds, the potential danger for life-threatening wildfires is high. We will be monitoring this closely at Action News Now. Wednesday we can also expect partly cloudy skies accross the Valley and a downward trend in temperatures. A stronger Delta Breeze will help moderate temperatures while a trough of low pressure to the West will be creating favorable conditions for the clouds to form.
As we go into Thursday, the rain chances leave us, as the remnants of Ivo have since past, but clouds can still be expected to linger and highs in the mid-90s in the Valley will be seen.
Friday-Sunday looks to see highs in the mid-to-low 90s in the Valley with sunny skies across the Valley. Labor Day on Monday looks to see an upward trend in temperatures with highs in the mid-to-high 90s in the Valley and sunny skies.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heat Advisory Tuesday and Fire Weather Watch Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire Weather Watch ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heat advisories today & tomorrow for some
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire Weather Watch ahead for Northern California
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat Monday and Tuesday
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heating up this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week