Today we can expect some pretty decent temperatures across the Valley. A high of 93 in Chico and a high of 97 in Redding, highs in the mountains to stay in the 80s. Sunny skies are also expected to presist through the day so bring those shades with you.
We're expected to warm only a degree or two over the weekend then back to average values afterwards. Our temperatures are being moderated by a high pressure system to our SE and a low pressure system to our NW. The two systems are balancing eachother out for the moment, leaving us with temperatures at average values. We'll also stay sunny through Tuesday. So for your Labor Day weekend, bring the shades, shorts and sunglasses but don't expect extreme heat!
As we approach Tuesday and advance through Friday, the forecast becomes more uncertain. Many forecast models have different scenarios playing out which could change our extended forecast. But for now, I believe a disturbance will form to our WSW and move towards us bringing us low-90s and some clouds Tuesday through Wednesday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Good Labor Day weekend weather
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm Labor Day weekend but cooler temperatures are in sight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple-digits this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heating up this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Windy & warmer this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead