Get ready for much warmer temperatures and a lingering potential for active weather across Northern California today. We're dry and mild for the start of your Friday morning. Skies are mostly clear early today and temperatures are slightly cooler than this time yesterday. Valley areas are starting out in the mid 50's to low 60's this morning and mountain areas are in the mid 30's to mid 40's early today. Winds will be out of the North to around 15mph this afternoon. Skies will stay mostly sunny until mid afternoon, and then clouds will start to fill back into the Sierra. There is a chance for showers and thunderstorms this afternoon, but we aren't expecting to be as active as we were yesterday. The main threat of showers is expected to stay in the mountains this evening. High temperatures are expected to become warmer today. Valley areas will top out in the high 80's to low 90's this afternoon, while mountain areas end up in the 70's to 80's later today.
A substantial warming trend and the lingering potential for afternoon/evening showers and thunderstorms will be ahead for your weekend. Valley areas will be mostly dry but we do have a chance for some light showers on Saturday evening. Mountain areas are projected to be active for the afternoons and evenings through early next week. We'll end up in the low to mid 90's in the valley both days this weekend. The warming trend will ramp up through the middle of next week. Valley areas will climb into the mid to high 90's on Monday and then into the high 90's to triple digits on Tuesday and Wednesday. The current outlook brings a big drop in temperatures back into our region on Thursday. Looks like valley areas will top out in the high 80's to low 90's towards the end of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Getting hotter but more mountain T-Storms are possible
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & hotter weather ahead for your Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & hotter weather on the way
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much hotter temperatures are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter with high fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today