Warmer temperatures and breezy North winds are ahead for your Tuesday across Northern California. Skies are clear this morning and temperatures are fairly warm in the valley. Lower elevations are starting out in the 50's to 60's this morning, and mountain areas have dipped into the 20's to 30's overnight. Winds will be up to 15mph out of the North in the valley today and humidity is expected to dip into the 15 to 25 percent range this afternoon. Fire danger will be a concern for today, but is not as bad as what's ahead for Wednesday and Thursday. Sunny skies and warmer temperatures are on the way for your Tuesday afternoon. Valley areas will top out in the mid to high 80's today and mountain areas will end up in the 70's.
A Fire Weather Watch has now been issued for the valley and foothills from Wednesday morning through Thursday afternoon. The biggest issues for fire danger will be gusty North winds and very dry conditoins. High pressure building into the West Coast will drive the very dry and windy weather ahead. Sustained winds will be up to 25mph in the valley, and there will be potential for gusts up to 45mph. Some canyons of the foothills in the Sierra could see gusts upwards of 50mph late Wednesday night through early Thursday morning. Humidity is expected to dip into the 10 to 20 percent range on Wednesday and will not recover well Wednesday night. Thursday will also be very dry and windy. The winds will start to subside on Wednesday afternoon and the Fire Weather Watch should be allowed to expire. Temperatures are expected to top out in the mid to high 80's for the rest of the week in the valley.
We'll still be toasty on Friday, but a cooling trend is on the way for your weekend. High temperatures will dip into the mid 80's on Saturday and then into the mid to high 70's on Sunday. Models are currently split on what to expect from winds on Sunday. There will be potential for another gusty wind event. We'll get a better idea of what to expect later this week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire Weather Watch ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire Weather Watch ahead for Northern California
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & warmer weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling down but a Fire Weather Watch is ahead
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Modest cooling trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet week ahead