An above average day in the valley and mountains when it comes to temperatures. We can expect to see the same thing tomorrow. Redding will be in the triple digits as will other parts of the North Valley. High temperatures in the central valley, such as in Chico, should only reach upper-90s for high temperatures.
Fire danger is also looking elevated with relative humidity values dropping into the teens and winds gusts peaking at around 10-15 mph. But no red flag warning will be in place but still be prepared and fire aware.
As we progress through your work week, temperatures really begin to climb, reaching triple digits in Chico by Wednesday. By next Saturday, the temperatures will be quite extreme. 104 for a high in Chico and 107 in Redding. It iss possible a heat advisory could be issued as we get closer to next weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat Monday and Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another heat wave incoming
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat ramps up this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling off next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today