A very hot day across the valley today. Should be staying in the 90s for the next few hours before we dip into the 70s overnight. Also a very dry day out there with windy conditions in Shasta county. Tomorrow will be another high fire danger day.
We'll see our hottest days of the week on Monday and Tuesday as high pressure extends over NorCal, keeping us dry, hot and sunny. Redding could get as high as 107 or 108 and Chico at 102 or 103 on Tuesday. Mountain locations could see temperatures well within the 90 degree threshold as well.
As we go into Wednesday, we will see temperatures take a moderate dip into then mid-90s by Friday in many Valley locations. This will happen as the high pressure weakens and a trough of low pressure to our west swoops in. Causing a moderate delta breeze to cool us off.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat Monday and Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Relief from the heat on Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another heat wave incoming
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today