A relatively calm day today but fire danger is on the rise this weekend.
Today temperatures are great, but once we get to tomorrow we will see a slight drop in temperatures with highs in the low-80s. Lows tonight are in the mid-50s across the Valley. A Red Flag Warning takes effect Saturday morning and lasts through Sunday night. This is due to strong winds and dry conditions expected through the weekend, as well as dry vegetation (fuels). A High Wind Warning has also been issued, it starts Saturday night and lasts through Sunday night. Winds are expected to be so strong from the North and Northeast that they could be considered "damaging" sustained at 40-50 mph with gusts greater than 60 possible in some locations, especially when funneled through canyons and along ridgelines in the foothills. This is looking to be one of the strongest wind event in years so please make sure you are prepared to evacuate on a moment's notice in case the worst happens.
Highs on Sunday drop into the 70s and 60s on Sunday as a cold weather system moves into the area.
Fire danger is not a threat for the rest of the week with highs holding in the mid-70s for the rest pof the week. Despite wonderfuil temperatures, we still stay dry and sunny. This will not be good if fire weather arises again.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme fire danger this weekend!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Critical Fire Danger This Weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat Monday and Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger lasting tomorrow
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today