Get ready for another scorching hot day across Northern California. The Excessive Heat Warning is currently in place across the valley and foothills and is set to stay in effect through 11pm tonight. The warning was previously through 11pm Wednesday night, but that has been modified this morning. Heat related illness will be very possible with the triple digit high temperatures ahead for today. Skies are clear for the start of your Tuesday and are expected to stay sunny today. Temperatures have only dipped into the mid 60's in the valley overnight, and into the 40's for most mountain areas this morning. Winds will be out of the North to around 10mph today and humidity will dip into the 5 to 20 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to end up in the 102 to 106 degree range in the valley, and high 80's to high 90's are expected in the mountains. Some clouds will brush across the Northern Mountains this afternoon, but no showers are expected today.
A very modest drop in temperatures is ahead for your Wednesday forecast and South winds will bring some relief from the toasty temperatures. Valley areas are still expected to end up around the century mark on Wednesday and mountain areas will be in the mid 80's to mid 90's. There will be a slight chance for some thunderstorms popping up in the mountains on Wednesday evening. Temperatures will finally fall back out of the triple digits in the valley on Thursday, but will still be well above average for this time of year. Valley areas are projected to top out in the mid to high 90's on Thursday and Friday. Skies will stay sunny in the valley and partly cloudy in the mountains. We'll have another chance for pop up showers and thunderstorms in the mountains on Thursday evening. Friday will be dry. Triple digit heat will be returning for your Fathers day weekend and we'll be sunny to mostly sunny across the valley. Another chance for some mountain thunderstorms will return on Sunday evening. Temperatures are expected to ramp up early next week and another heat advisory will be possible on Monday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Excessive Heat Warning continues today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Not as hot today but more triple digit heat is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat ahead for your Monday