Some showers are lingering in the Sierra early today, but clearing skies and warmer temperatures are ahead for your afternoon. Skies are mostly clear in the valley for the start of your Thursday. Partly cloudy skies and scattered showers have continued in the Sierra, but that active weather is expected to taper off by late this evening. Sunny to mostly sunny skies are expected across our entire region this afternoon. Temperatures have dipped into the high 40's to mid 50's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the 30's to 40's this morning. Winds are going to be out of the North from 10 to 15mph and humidity is expected to bottom out in the 30 to 45 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to climb into the high 70's to low 80's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the low 60's to low 70's later today.
Dry weather and a warming trend are ahead for the end of your work week and start of your weekend. High pressure building into the West Coast from the Pacific will be the dominant feature in your forecast over the next couple of days. Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny on Friday and then sunny on Saturday. High temperatures are projected to top out in the mid 80's in the valley on Friday, and in the high 80's to low 90's on Saturday. An area of low pressure is expected to pass through the Pacific Northwest on Sunday and that will bring us a modest drop in temperatures for the end of your weekend. The latest model runs are also hinting at a decent chance for some scattered showers dropping through the Sierra on Sunday. High pressure will build back into our region for the start of next week and that will result in another warming trend on the way in your extended forecast. Monday will be the official start of the Fall season, but will feel more like Summer than Sunday. High temperatures are projected to top out in the low 90's in the valley on Monday, and then temperatures will climb into the mid to high 90's by Wednesday. The longer range models are mixed at the moment, but another cooling trend does look likely towards the end of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry in the valley but mountain showers linger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning lingers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Mountain showers linger today, but pleasant weather is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning lingers
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Slightly warmer with a chance of mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & getting warmer today