High pressure centered over the Southwest will continue to restul in dry and warm weather across northern California through the end of this week. Temepratures topped out in the mid 60's in the valley this afternoon and in the 50's to 60's inthe mountains. Skies were sunny and winds were out of the Southwest up to around 10mph. Winds will become lighter tonight, and cloudy skies will return to portions of the north state.
Skies will start out at least partly cloudy for most areas on Friday morning, but will become mostly sunny for your Valentines Day afternoon. Temperatures will dip into the high 30's to low 40's in the valley overnight and mountain areas will start out in the 20's to low 30's on Friday. High temperatures are projected to climb into the mid 60's in the valley and into the mid 50's to around 60 degrees for most mountain locations. Winds will end up out of the north to around 10mph in the afternoon on Friday.
Similar weather is on tap for Saturday, but clouds will be increasing late in the day and the potential for mountian showers will return Saturday night. The best chance for showers on Saturday night will be in areas closest to the Oregon border, and then that will track across portions of the Sierra and Cascades through early in the day on Sunday. Snow levels are projected to be above 5000' and very limited precipiation amounts are expected. Valley locations will also have a very slight chance for showers during that time. Gusty winds out of the north will develop as that wet system moves off to our east for the start of next week. Around average temperatures and dry weather are also expected for the start of next week. Another warming trend will bring temperatures up to around 5 degrees above average for the middle of next week. That will mean mid 60's in the valley and 50's to low 60's in the mountains.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & pleasant for your Valentines Day
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A pleasant day but wet overnight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Valentine's Day is looking nice!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & chilly on Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm & dry Wednesday ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm, sunny, dry & breezy
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warmer weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & mild for the next 7 days
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry, sunny & warm the next few days
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool & pleasant start to your work week