A band of showers is moving through the area quickly and will exit the region by late morning. Up to 0.5 inch of rain will be expected in some areas with many Valley totals already reporting 0.25 inches of rain. 4-8 inches of snow could fall all the way down to 3500 feet, which is alos why there is a Winter Weather Advisory in affect. By the afternoon it will be pleasant with mostly sunny skies and highs in the mid-50s. The clear skies will last into the mnight which could lead to some freezing temperatures in the Valley and frost across the Valley floor as well. The formation of frost will really depend on wind. So wide open fields will likely not see as much frost but areas that area sheltered from the wind could collect more frost. Valley fog will also be possible with the densest fog south of our area towards Sacramento.
Friday highs will stay in the low-50s with isolated showers possible in the Valley overnight into Saturday morning and scattered showers in mountain locations. The sun comes out Saturday afternoon but temperatures remain mild. Sunday sees the return of more isolated to scattered light showers, but not a wash-out.
Valley highs dip into the 40s as the trough of low-pressure parked over us, giving us daily rain systems, becomes more pronounced and deepends. This alos happens as a larger system moves in dropping more rain on Monday with snow levels all the way down to 2500 feet. Tuesday and Wednesday still have daily rain chances but the overnight temperatures get so cold that snow will be possible not only in the lower foothills but in the North Valley as well, including Redding. This is pretty far in the extended forecast so the forecast could change. But with daily cold weather systems consistently cooling the entire column of air, if temperatures were to drop near freezing at the surface later next week, we could see any precipitation that falls high up in the atmosphere remian frozen all the way tro the surface, leading to overnight snow chances Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Daily rain all week and even colder next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cold nights with rain mid-week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain chances every day this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling off next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fantastic weather this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire dangeer next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet week ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Two strong storms ahead for this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A major winter storm mid-week