Cooler temperatures and pleasant conditions are ahead for the majority of Northern California today. We'll have the chance for some unsettled weather in the Northern Mountains and Shasta County again this afternoon and evening, but the remainder of Northern California is expected to stay quiet today. Skies are mostly clear for the start of your Thursday and we'll stay mostly sunny across most of our region this afternoon. Temperatures have dipped into the 50's to low 60's in the valley overnight and into the 30's to 40's in the mountains this morning. Winds are starting out out of East to around 10mph early today, but will shift to become out of the South to around 15mph this afternoon. The South winds will help to usher in the Delta Breeze, which will help to keep our high temperatures in check. There will be a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms in Trinity, Siskiyou, and Shasta counties this afternoon and evening. Sunny to mostly sunny skies are expected to persist South of Shasta County today. High temperatures will top out in the low 80's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas are projected to end up in the mid 60's to mid 70's later today.
A modest warming trend is on the way in your extended forecast, but high temperatures will be staying below through the weekend. High temperatures will end up back in the mid 80's in the valley on Friday and skies will be mostly sunny. Mostly sunny skies and a slow warming trend will then continue through the weekend. Valley areas will end up in the high 80's on Saturday and then in the high 80's to low 90's on Sunday. All around, it looks like we have a very pleasant weekend on the way. We'll be staying dry and mild through Sunday. Temperatures climb back into the low to mid 90's on Monday in the valley and that's where they're expected to stay through the middle of next week. The current projections keep us under sunny skies, with temperatures climbing to around average for this time of year by the 4th of July! I hope everyone enjoys the cooler temperatures while they stick around.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling trend peaks today!
- Warming trend peaks today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Modest cooling trend ahead
- The cooling trend continues today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very welcome cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: HOT today but a welcome cooling trend is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger today and a cooling trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Drying out but staying cool today