Cooler temperatures and the potential for mountain showers and thunderstorms are ahead for Northern California today. Skies are partly cloudy for the start of your Tuesday and we'll continue to have clouds brushing through our region through tonight. We've already been tracking some showers in Shasta County this morning, and have a very good chance for more showers popping up in the mountains today. There will still be a slight chance for showers in the northern end of the valley. Thunderstorms will be possible from around 11am this morning through 7pm tonight, but that threat is expected to subside by late this evening. Portions of Plumas and Lassen Counties are expected to see the bulk of the active weather today. Temperatures are starting out in the 50's to 60's in the valley this morning and mountain areas are in the 30's to 40's early today. Winds will be out of the South to around 10mph this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the low 80's in the valley this afternoon and mountain areas will end up in the 60's to low 70's later today. The cooler temperatures, modest winds, and slightly higher humidity will result in moderate fire danger today, but the threat of mountain thunderstorms could provide additional fire danger.
Skies will be clearing out Wednesday morning and a warming trend is ahead for the remainder of this week. High temperatures will end up back in the high 80's in the valley on Wednesday and we'll then return to the mid to high 90's from Thursday through Saturday. A cooler system is expected to move into the Pacific Northwest on Sunday and that will bring a welcome cooling trend back into our region for the start of next week. Valley high temperatures will dip back into the low 90's on Sunday and then into the mid 80's on Monday. There will be potential for more wet weather in the North Valley and mountains for the start of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers & thunderstorms ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler and mostly dry today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with a chance of showers ahead
- Showers and thunderstorms likely today