We've got a mixed bag ahead for your Monday forecast across Northern California today. Temperatures will be cooler than the last few days, we'll be staying dry in the valley, and the potential for showers and thunderstorms will be returning to the Sierra this afternoon. Partly cloudy skies are on tap for the start of your Monday and temperatures are mostly mild this morning. Valley areas have dipped into the low to mid 50's overnight, and mountain areas are mostly starting out in the 40's this morning. Winds are currently out of the Northeast, but are expected to shift and become out of the South this afternoon. Sustained winds out of the South will be up to around 10mph, with gusts to around 20mph this afternoon. A decent chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms will be returning to portions of the Sierra this afternoon. The best threat today looks to be moving South compared to yesterday. Locations from Plumas County to the South will have the best chance for active weather this afternoon and evening. High temperatures will top out in the mid 70's to low 80's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas are projected to climb into the low 70's to low 80's later today.
Clearing skies and a substantial warming trend are ahead for the remainder of your work week. We'll still have a slight chance for some active weather in the mountains on Tuesday but the latest models are hinting that that will mostly stay to our South. Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny from Tuesday afternoon through the end of the week. Tempratures will end up back in the low 80's on Tuesday afternoon in the valley. Temperatures will continue to climb into the mid 80's by Wednesday, and then into the low 90's by Friday. Looks like we can expect temperatures to stay well above average and sunny skies to continue through your weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler and mostly dry today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler by Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend