The cooling trend is ramping up across Northern California but so is fire danger in your late week forecast. A Red Flag Warning is going into effect from 2pm until 9pm today for portions of Modoc and Siskiyou Counties. Low humidity and gusty South winds will be the main driving factors in high fire danger today. We'll also have a slight chance for thunderstorms in the Sierra this afternoon and evening. Models are hinting that the bulk of the thunderstorm threat will stay to the East of the Sierra crest, but some activity could spill into our area today. Skies will be sunny for the majority of our region today. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 60's for most of the valley this morning, and mountain areas are starting out in the 40's to 50's this morning. Winds will be out of the South to 15mph this afternoon and humidity is expected to dip into the 15 to 35 percent range later today. High temperatures will end up in the low to mid 90's in the valley this afternoon and mountain areas will top out in the mid 80's to low 90's.
Clouds will be increasing across Northern California on Friday and the potential for showers and thunderstorms will return to a wide portion of our region. The best chance for active weather will be in the Northern Mountains of Trinity and Siskiyou Counties. Shasta County will also have a decent chance for some active weather. Portions of the North valley down into Tehema County could also have some activity on Friday and Saturday. The threat of thunderstorms is prompting a Fire Weather Watch for Trinity and Siskiyou Counties on Friday. Temperatures will be in the mid to high 80's in the valley on Friday and in the 70's to 80's in the mountains. Temperatures will continue to cool in your Saturday forecast. Valley highs will top out in the low to mid 80's, and skies will be cloudy. There is a very decent chance for showers and thunderstorms developing in mainly mountain areas on Saturday but we can't rule out the chance for some active weather in the valley. Temperatures will rebound back into the low to mid 90's in the valley on Sunday. Dry weather and a warming trend will take hold for the start of next week. Valley areas can expect to be in the mid to high 90's on Monday, with 90's to triple digit high temperatures on Tuesday. We'll be staying hot through next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with high fire danger and potential for thunderstorms
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with high fire danger Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler end to the week with high fire danger this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter with high fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger returns this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger continues this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend