A hot day today with another hot day expected tomorrow with high temperatures in the upper-90s across the valley.
However, high temperatures will be significantly cooler Sunday-Tuesday as a very strong system to the North cools us. The system will also provide us with increased cloud cover. Mostly sunny in the valley and partly cloudy to mostly cloudy in the mountains. No rain is expected with this system.
Heat will return once this system retreats into Canada on Wednesday. Mid-90s for highs on Wednesday, then upper 90-s in the mid-valley on Thursday with Northern Valley locations expected to reach the triple digits. This triple digit heat could become more widespread on Friday.
Relative humidity levels are also expected to reach the teens during the peak heat of the day for most days this week. This means an elevated fire danger. The good news is wind speeds are down, which will help in preventing quickly spreading wildfires, however, this does not diminish the risk of fires staring. So always stay fire aware.
Lastly, as heat comes into the forecast later next week, sensitive groups should keep an eye on heat-related illnesses.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather to start next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool & pleasant start to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cool start to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather before significant heat later in the week