Temperatures are about 20 to 25 degrees cooler today than yesterday, with even cooler temperatures expected tomorrow. Thyere are also winter weather advisories, freeze watches and frost advisories in place for your weekend.
A cold system from Western Canada is moving in the area today leaving us with 60s and 70s all day long and dropping highs in the 70s and 60s over the next few days in the Valley. There is a Winter Weather Advisory in place for the Sierra and parts of the Cascades above 6000 feet Saturday - Monday. 3-6 inches of snow are expected with slippery road conditions and up to a foot of snow at mountain summits. A Freeze Watch is also in place for several in Trinity and the Sierra. A Frost Advisory is also in place for Trinity County Saturday night into Sunday morning. Some of this active weather could make it into the Valley but it will only be in the form of very spotty-isolated light rain showers. Snow levels could drop as low as 4500 feet by Monday.
By Tuesday this cold system moves out of the area and full sunshine will returns. Highs in the mid-70s will be seen on Tuesday with a gradual climb in temperatures through the later half of the week. By Thursday and Friday we could see highs back in the low-80s in the Valley.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler temperatures with mountain rain and snow showers
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chilly with rain and snow showers today
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Mountain showers tomorrow with increasing temperatures this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather and showers by Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead