Today will still be a warm one today but temperatures will be slightly cooler in the North Valley with highs reaching the low-80s rather than the mid-to-upper 80s. Partly cloudy skies from high clouds across the area today. Today will also still be dry with light winds.
Temperatures take another small dip on Wednesday, with no one in the Valley expected to reach 80 degrees (FINALLY!). Mid-70s in Chico, upper-70s in Redding. By Thursday there is a weakening trough of low pressure out to the Southwest moving towards Northern California. This moves into NorCal and is able to bump the ridge of high pressure out of the area. This means temps dip into the low-70s for both Chico and Redding with a little more cloud cover expected. Temperatures hold steady on Friday. This system also elevates humidities slightly for a few days but does not last to the weekend.
Another upper-level ridge of high pressure causes warming temperatures, drier conditions and sunnier skies to return to the North State on Saturday. Chico is expected to see full sunshine on Saturday whereas Redding could see a few clouds. Chico could reach the mid-70s on Saturday with Redding reaching the upper-70s. Temperatures continue to warm on Sunday with Redding having the possibility of returning to the 80s.
A big cold disturbance moves in from the North on Monday, increasing cloud cover, increasing humidity levels, and dropping temperatures back to the mid-to-low 70s. Rain chances are still not certain a this time but its likely the system won't be strong enough to produce rain in the Valley. This could change as the event nears and the scenario becomes more clear. For now, I have no rain chances in the 7-Day forecast. However, for now, it is still possible to see some showers in Trinity, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen and Plumas counties for the higher elevations.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler by Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler but still sunny
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Scattered Showers for Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather and showers by Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today