The potential for light to moderate showers will continue tonight, but a break in the wet weather is expected for the early portion of the day on Saturday. Very modest showers are expected to continue in lower elevations this evening. Somewhat heavier showers and high elevation snow are expected to persist in mountain areas tonight. Snow levels are still hovering around 6000' to 6500' this evening, but will be dropping on Saturday. Most of the valley will see the potential for around a quarter of an inch of rain through early Saturday morning, but Redding will have the potential for a half an inch to an inch of rain during that time. Higher amounts are expected in the mountains this evening, with some portions of the Sierra getting up to 15 inches of snow through tomorrow night. A Winter Weather Advisory is currently in effect for portions of the Sierra above 6500' and that will stay in place through 4am on Sunday morning.
A break in the wet weather is expected for the early portion of the day on Saturday, but skies will still be cloudy. Temperatures will dip into the high 30's to mid 40's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas will end up in the 20's to 30's Saturday morning. Some clearing will be possible as we head into Saturday afternoon and then more showers will be possible as we head into your evening hours. Showers will be lighter than what we've had on Friday, but snow levels will dip to around 4000'. There is a 20 to 30 percent chance for showers in the valley for tomorrow afternoon and evening and a much better chance for wet weather in the mountains. The lower snow levels will bring additional travel impacts to the mountains on Saturday evening. The wet weather is projected to taper off late Saturday night into early Sunday morning. We'll end up dry on Sunday. Clearing skies will help to result in chilly overnight low temperatures on Sunday morning and the trend of colder overnight low temperatures will continue through Tuesday. Valley areas will dip into the low to mid 30's Sunday morning through Tuesday morning and high temperatures will end up in the low to mid 50's during that time. We'll be staying dry through your Tuesday forecast. Models are hinting at the potential for more showers as we head into the middle of next week, but that is really still up in the air at the moment. We'll have a much better chance for wet weather returning as we head into next weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chance of showers Saturday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with a chance of showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers Saturday night into Sunday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Scattered Showers for Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers continue overnight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying wet through Saturday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Foggy Friday & Soggy Saturday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers return in your weekend forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Slightly warmer with a chance of mountain showers today