We have one more more day of average temperature before really heating up. Its a cool morning but highs today are expected in the low-to-high 90s in the Valley and mid-80s in the mountains, although its a very cool start for mountain locations. Fire danger will also be elevated again as breezy southerly winds combine with dry conditions.
Cloud cover can be expected to increase through the day today in mountain areas and even foothill and valley locations can see some increasing cloud cover overnight. Some of this cloud cover will stick around on Wednesday before leaving on Thursday.
Despite the clouds, temperatures will still be on the rise this week as a ridge of high pressure looks to dominate our weather pattern for the rest of the week and into the weekend. As far as cooler weather is concerned, there does not look to be any cool-down in sight. Some computer models hint at the ridge of high pressure weakening at the beginning of next week but others show the hot bubble of air staying put. If the latter is the case, we can expect to see one of the longest heat waves this season. With widespread triple-digits forecasted by this weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another heat wave incoming
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heating up this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major heat wave ahead for the end of July
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cloudier today but a heat wave is upon us
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today