High fire danger is returning to Northern California today. The first official day of the Fall season will bring warmer temperatures, dry weather, and gusty North winds into our region. A Red Flag Warning will go into effect at 1pm this afternoon for areas of the valley, and is currently set to stay in effect through 11am Wednesday. The biggest concerns for fire danger will be low humidity and gusty North winds. Sustained winds will be up to around 25mph this afternoon, and gusts could reach up to 40mph across portions of the valley later today. Skies have cleared out overnight, and will be sunny to mostly sunny today. Temperatures are mostly starting out in the 60's in the valley this morning, while mountain areas have dipped into the 30's to 40's overnight. Winds will be out of the North up to around 25mph this afternoon, with the potential for gusts up to around 40mph later today. Humidity is expected to end up down into the 10 to 20 percent range this afternoon and is not expected to recover well over the next couple of nights. High temperatures will become warmer today. Valley areas are projected to top out in the high 80's to low 90's this afternoon and mountain areas will end up in the low 70's to low 80's later today.
A rapid rise in high temperatures is projected for our region on Tuesday. High temperatures will climb into the mid to high 90's in the valley for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Mountain areas will end up in the 70's to 80's during that time. Wednesday is projected to be the hottest day of the week. Fire danger will stay high to extreme through mid day Wednesday. Some clouds and a decent drop in temperatures will be ahead for your Thursday. Temperatures will top out in the mid to high 80's in the valley on Thursday and will continue to fall into the mid 70's on Friday in the valley. A big shift in the weather pattern is projected to take hold of Northern California this weekend. The current outlook brings high temperatures back down into the mid to high 60's in the valley on Saturday and Sunday. We'll also have a good chance for wet weather returning for your upcoming weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning for high fire danger is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for high fire danger to start your summer season
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger ahead
- High Fire Danger Prompts a Red Flag Warning