Many are below freezing this morning in the Valley. Prepare for a frosty windshield as you head out for work or school. We stay cool today with highs in the mid-to-upper 40s across the Valley. Heavy snow will reach the Coastal Ranges by late this afternoon. The heavy snow reaches the Cascades and Northern Sierra by midnight with heavy rain moving into the Valley around 10pm or midnight. A Winter Strom Warning will be in effect across mountain regions through Friday morning with snow totals 1-2 feet, some localized areas reaching 3 feet, with snow falling as low as 2,000 feet into the upper foothills. 1-2 inches of rain are possible across the Valley with some isolated totals possibly higher, so keep and eye on minor roadway flooding.
The main heavy band of showers exits the region by noon on Thursday. Scattered showers and snow showers will dominate the day on Thursday with thunderstorms possible in the Valley and towards the coast. Friday will see a few light isolated snow showers in the mountains but mostly sry in the Valley with the sun coming out at times.
Saturday sees the retun of the next wet system but it is expected to be weak. Only light, scattered showers and lower snow totals. It will be a quick system, with nice dry weather on Sunday and highs even nearing 60 degrees for a few.
A return to a wet pattern is expected on MLK Day and Tuesday as multiple winter systems are expected to move through the area, dumping more rain and snow.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread rain & snow Wednesday night into Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread rain & snow today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & snow return Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavy rain & snow Wednesday & Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & drier before widespread rain this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & Snow through Sunday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavy rain and snow return this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavier rain & snow showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & snow return this weekend