Much cooler temperatures are ahead for your Friday forecast, but the cooling trend will be shortlived. High fire danger is returning for your weekend forecast and temperature are expected to heat up through the start of next week. A Red Flag Warning will be in place for the entire valley from 6am Saturday morning through 5pm Sunday afternoon. Gusty North wind and low humidity will be the big driving factors for high fire danger over the next few days. Winds will be out of the North to around 20mph with potential for gusts up to around 40mph. Humidity could dip to as low as 10 percent over the next few days. Skies are mostly clear across Northern California today, but scattered clouds and showers will be possible in Siskiyou County through this evening. An area of low pressure is passing by our region to the North today and that will help to keep temperatures below average for this time of year. That wet and cooler system will also bring the potenital for scattered showers to the far Northern portion of our region through this evening. High temperatures are projected to top out in the low 80's in the valley and in the 60's to 70's in the mountains. Winds are going to be out of the North from 10 to 20mph today and humidity will dip into the 10 to 20 percent range. The stronger winds and lower humidity will bring fire danger back into the high range this afternoon, but the Fire Weather Watch will not go into effect for the valley untiL 6am Saturday.
Increasing temperatures are fire danger are on the way for your weekend. We'll end up in the mid to high 80's in the valley on Saturday and in the mid to high 90's in the valley on Sunday. Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny across our region. The Red Flag Warning is set to expire at 5pm on Sunday when winds start to become weaker. Temperatures will continue to rise into next week, with triple digit high temperatures projected for the valley on Monday and Tuesday.
- Storm Tracker Alert: Red Flag Warning issued for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning lingers
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning continues today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning lingers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning on Wednesday
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for high fire danger to start your summer season
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Red Flag Warning for high fire danger is ahead