Photo Gallery 3 Images
Two men were arrested after leading Anderson Police on a high-speed chase early Wednesday morning.
It all started around 12:17 a.m. when the owner of a car dealership on North St. In Anderson reported that a 2006 Jeep Wrangler was stolen from his car lot. The owner told police that he saw the two suspects steal the Jeep on surveillance video.
Anderson Police then began searching the area for the stolen vehicle. At around 1:20 a.m. an officer spotted the stolen Jeep in the area of Highway 273 near Ox Yoke Rd. The officer tried to pull the vehicle over, but the driver didn't stop, and took off towards Happy Valley. The pursuit reached speeds faster than 90 miles per hour. Anderson police say they continued the chase since there was little traffic on the roadways at the time.
The stolen Jeep drove westbound on Happy Valley Rd. until crashing through a cattle gate on Triple S Drive. The Jeep kept driving with the cattle gate stuck to the front for another quarter-mile, until the Jeep became disabled.
Both men inside were ordered to surrender and were arrested without incident. The driver, 32 year old Jack Parker of Cottonwood and the passenger, 34 year old Daniel William Harrington of Redding were arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail. Parker faces charges of vehicle theft, evading a police officer, felony vandalism, and probation violation. Harrington was booked on charges of vehicle theft and probation violation.
Anderson Police interviewed Parker, who told officers he had been stealing cars since age 12. He said he had stolen more than 500 cars in his lifetime in California and Nevada.
The stolen Jeep was returned to the owner.
- High speed pursuit ends in Happy Valley
- Danger in Happy Valley remains
- Foot pursuit ends in arrest in Eel River Valley
- High-Speed Chase Nearly Ends in Shasta Lake
- California pursuit ends in stand off
- LATEST: Remainder of explosives detonated in Happy Valley
- Happy Valley situation wraps up, but questions still remain
- Disturbance in Happy Valley Home Leads to Shooting
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest