CHICO, Calif. - Stolen mail and mail box break-ins, postal officials say its happening all over Chico.
A postal employee told Action News Now, Country Lane Apartments is just one of 45 neighborhoods experiencing mail theft in the past two months.
Concerned neighbor Lisa Collins has lived at country lane apartments for five years. Collins said she's never delt with mail theft like this before.
Early March there were two break ins at the complex. Their mailboxes weren't damaged, but Collins said she was told whoever broke-in had a master key.
"If they did it twice and they got everyones box its a pretty big deal it makes you feel it just made me feel a little unsafe cause especially at tax time people have a lot of sensitive information coming and going through the mail," Collins said.
Collins still has no mail delivery service to her apartment.
And just Tuesday, Collins said the mailboxes were removed from the complex, but new ones have been put in.
Collins encourages people to check their mailboxes frequently and suggests not to leave your mail out over night.
If you go to usps.com and click "informed delivery," you can sign up for free to digitally preview the mail you're expected to receive that day. It'll help you to manage and know what will be in your mailbox.
- Stolen mail at apartment complexes in Chico
- Mail stolen from homes in Red Bluff
- Truck crashes into Red Bluff apartment complex
- Chico Police Investigate Possible Shooting Outside Apartments
- Firefighters Contain Apartment Fire in Chico
- Chico Man Helps Tame an Apartment Fire
- 3 Arrested for Alleged Mail Theft in southeast Chico
- Pit Bull stolen from Chico adoption event
- Chico business has watch stolen, returned
- Vote By Mail has Begun