MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The FBI says a pair of ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in "The Wizard of Oz" that was stolen from a Minnesota museum was recovered in a sting operation.
The slippers were taken from the Judy Garland Museum in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in 2005.
The FBI says a man approached the company that insured the slippers and said he could help recover them. The agency says it was an extortion plot.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stolen 'Wizard of Oz' Ruby Slippers Found during Sting Operation
- Last of 'The Wizard of Oz' munchkins dies
- Sting Operation on Illegal Contracting
- Chico Police sting operation nets 11 criminals
- Harlem Wizards Coming to Oroville
- 13 Suspects Arrested in Illegal Contracting Sting Operation
- Sting operation in Oroville set up to deter underage drinking
- Sting operation leads to arrest of suspected Placer County pedophile
- Spike in Bidwell Yellowjacket Stings
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation