CHICO, Calif. - A man who led Chico police on a short vehicle pursuit was caught after he ran away from a crash and fell into a backyard pool Friday morning.
According to Chico police, just after 2:15 a.m. officers saw a green Honda Civic with an obscured license plate, driving recklessly in the intersection of West Eleventh and Arcadian Avenues.
When officers attempted to pull over the vehicle, the driver, later known as Patrick Dowell-Rollins, 28, of Chico, sped off and led authorities on a short high-speed chase on the north side of West Eighth Avenue, but it quickly ended when Dowell-Rollins crashed into a utility trailer.
Dowell-Rollins then ran away from the crash through nearby yards.
During the foot pursuit, Dowell-Rollins apparently fell into a pool and was arrested, officials said.
Police say the suspect was in possession of methamphetamine at the time of the arrest, he was subject to a felony arrest warrant through Post Release Community Supervision at the time of the incident.
- Stolen Vehicle Suspect Attempts to Escape from Police But Falls into Pool Instead
- Suspected drunk driver attempts to escape police, crashes into rail
- Police Arrest Suspect in Multiple Stolen Vehicle Cases
- Redding Police looking for stolen vehicle and suspects
- Anderson Police Officer Recovers Stolen Vehicle
- Woman driving stolen vehicle hits motorcyclist near Feather Falls Casino
- Suspect in carjacking wrecks stolen vehicle and flees
- Redding Police Searching for Attempted Murder Suspect
- Police capture suspected shoplifters in stolen car
- Police identify hit-and-run, stolen vehicle suspect detained in Hooker Oak Park