CHICO, Calif. - A Chico man was arrested Sunday night in connection to stolen property, firearms and drug paraphernalia found at his home during a yard sale.
According to the Butte County Sheriff's Office, they received a call from a man who reported seeing his stolen boat motor in a photograph of a yard sale at 10700 block of Lone Pine Ave. in Chico.
Deputies conducted an investigation and found that Matthew Alexander Myers, 33, of Chico, was the resident of the home and was also on searchable probation.
During a search of the residence, they found the stolen outboard motor in the yard as well as three firearms with ammunition inside the home. They determined that one of the firearms was confirmed stolen out of Glenn County.
Deputies returned the stolen outboard motor to its owner and are working to find the owners of the other two firearms.
Additionally, Myers was found to be in possession of methamphetamine smoking paraphernalia.
Myers was booked into Butte County Jail on charges of possession of stolen property, violation of probation and possession of a smoking device. His bail was set at $26,000.
- Stolen Property, Firearms Found at Yard Sale in Chico
- Deputies arrest 3, recover stolen firearm during Chico traffic stop
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm
- Community Yard Sale is a Benefit for Scholarships
- Church holds 3-day yard sale to help Camp Fire victims
- Downtown Oroville prepares for 6th annual Mile Long Yard Sale
- Truck stolen from Chico found in Magalia, suspect arrested
- Downtown Chico sales revenues up
- Chico woman busted for meth, cash and firearms
- More than $8K of Stolen Property Found in McCloud Home: Siskiyou Sheriff