RED BLUFF, Calif. - The name of the man who died during a crash on Interstate 5 Saturday night, after allegedly shooting a deputy and his passenger, has been released by Detective Rob Bakken from the Tehama County Sheriff's Office.
Jose Alfredo Barajas, a 29-year-old man from Stockton is the name of the deceased.
A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said the passenger who was with the deputy at the time of the shooting was an off-duty Tehama County Sheriff's Office employee. She was with the deputy, who remains unidentified, in the parking lot of the Dollar General store in Los Molinos.
The deputy was shot with a semi-automatic rifle. Authorities are not able to confirm if the passenger was shot at or even if it was by the same rifle or another handgun that was recovered from the suspect's car. Both the deputy and his passenger suffered injuries from broken glass.
Action News Now reporter Spencer Joseph was told that both the deputy and his passenger are in good spirits, and are still in a local hospital in stable condition. They are both expected to make a full recovery.
For a complete reference of the story click here.
- Stockton Man ID'd as Dead Gunman in Tehama County Deputy-Involved Shooting
- Hostage situation turns into deputy-involved shooting, 1 man dead
- Tehama deputies were called 21 times to gunman's home before shooting spree
- Sheriff's investigators: Rancho Tehama gunman shot himself
- TCSO: 1 Dead, Deputy Shot During Officer-Involved Shooting
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Tehama County Election Results
- BCSO: Deputy-involved Shooting, Suspect Killed
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County