The Founder of "Wings of Eagles", the Joseph Alvarez Organization for Seriously Ill Children is conducting a donation drive for stocking stuffers through Friday, December 15th.
Georgia Alvarez says the holidays can be especially hard on children with cancer and other illnesses, and their families. So "Wings of Eagles" hosts a Christmas party for them.
It features gifts, pizza, games and a visit from Blue Santa. But donations are still needed for stocking stuffers, things like candy canes, gloves, yo-yos and other small toys, pencils, crayons and such. There are 36 families will ill children being served by the non-profit organization right now. And their siblings and a few children who volunteer with "Wings of Eagles" will also receive gifts at the party. A total of 97 gifts are needed.
The party is on Sunday, December 17th so the deadline for donations is the 15th. They can be dropped off at Edward Jones Financial Services , 1264 the Esplanade, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can also call "Wings of Eagles" at (530) 893-9231 or visit www.wingsofeagles.org.
- Stocking Stuffer Drive for Wings of Eagles children
- Grant to Help Wings of Eagles Serve Seriously Ill Children
- Fundraiser check presented to Wings of Eagles
- Wingstock 2018 to Benefit Wings of Eagles
- Check Presented to "Wings of Passion" Foundation
- Eaglets Hatch in Redding Eagles Nest
- Redding Eagles Have New Nest on Platform
- Bald eagle egg can be seen on Big Bear eagle cam
- Oreo rolls out wasabi, hot chicken wing flavors
- Trump Administration Officially Bans Bump Stocks